Monday 4 July 2011

Small blessings

My blog is about blessings.  The big ones and the small ones.  It is about telling the world to count their blessings and to show you were to find blessings.  I don't just want to ramble all the time, although I do enjoy it.  So today I decided it is time for a different type of rambling.  One that is more aimed at God.  Hopefully, my rambling today, will help you all to look for your own little blessing to say thank you for.

Today I just want to thank God openly for the blessings He has bestowed on some of my friends and family recently. 

Firstly, God blessed my mom at a ripe old age with a second love. My step dad is a wonderful man, who is great companion to my mom and today they have been married for two years already.  I thank God for the love He has given them. For the second change in life He has rewarded them with and that He has kept them both healthy enough to have shared many special things together in their short marriage.  May He bless them with many more.

I want to thank God, for seeing to it, that my friends stolen goods were returned.  For one it was complete, without any loss and for the other, the car was returned, yes not a straight thing, but it was found and is theirs again.

I want to thank God for giving one of our friend a job after he lost his job in a seriously unfair situation.  And I pray for all my friends, whose husbands are still searching for jobs.  May God give them solutions too, and may He do so quickly.

I thank God, that He had kept a great lady, a mother to one of my friends, healthy enough to celebrate her 91st birthday today with her family.

I thank God, that He has seen to it that our church's outreach soccer clinic last week was met with good weather and I pray for each child that was there to be kept in the palm of His hand.  The rain stayed away at the most crucial parts.

I thank God, that the group that went to Zambia, traveled save and was an encouragement for our missions couple living there.

I want to give thanks for every little bundle safely delivered into our circle of friends this year and pray for the save delivery of yet another little bundle due tomorrow.  May all of them learn to follow our King.

I want to thank God for every brother and sister in Christ, whom I have yet to meet, that was protected from Satan's lies this week.  I pray that more will have their eyes opened and join in our family.

I want to thank God for every gospel planting person out there.  May He reap rich rewards from their sowing. 

I want to thank God, that He has given us all one more day to repent and turn to Him. May we make use of His grace.

Good night all, and count your blessings with a thankful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment