Monday 11 July 2011

A Blessing of Bubbles

I just love bubbles.  As a matter of fact, I think the only reason why there is such a fight in the house over bubbles, is because I want to make the bubbles last as long as possible and my kids want it all now...

I love bubbles floating away in the wind.  Playing on the breaths of wind that stir the air.  For me, there is not a lot of things I enjoy more than parking off on the grass, bubble machine turning bubbles out and watching the entertainment you get from bubbles.

It is fun to watch the bratlings, trying to catch the bubbles.  To see them run and jump as they grasp the air in their attempts.  I enjoy to see the dogs in confusion, when they bite the bubble and all is gone. Even though that might seem mean,  they love it!

Or what about the wonder on the face of a baby, as they first discover bubbles.  Their little eyes following these rainbow rich orbs, floating passed them.  I can stare at a scene such as this for hours.

I'll never forget it, but some years ago, when my mood was as dark as the night, weighed down with worries. While I was rushing off somewhere, there in the middle of the busiest road in town, right on eye level, floated a whole stream of bubbles.  They just kept playing in that stream of air, until they actually went to far to watch.  It left me with a ray of sunshine in my heart.  For the rest of the day, my heart was upbeat and happy.

Bubbles are fascinating.  They are filled with colour, and yet they are translucent.  They are matter, for it takes a visible form, but yet you can't really catch it. And oh, the hours of entertainment it brings to young and old alike.

I have been to one or two weddings where bubbles were used instead of confetti or streamers and rose petals.  It was so lovely to watch the cascade of bubbles floating past a bride and groom, that looks as if they too, are floating on the air from happiness.  It looks like a million prayers of well wishes floating of to God's throne, to bless this couple.

What is more relaxing than a nice hot, deep, bubble bath?  One where you can sink into oblivion, with no interruptions?  Maybe a nightcap of some sort, in your hand, maybe a nice book. Soaking up the aroma and heat, in that small world that is your bathroom.

I love watching my youngest monster unwind in her own bubble bath, made with bubbles out of her favourite purple dinosaur's tummy.  She will roll in the water, catching bubbles, clapping bubbles all over the bathroom floor, while filling the house with her laughter.

And nothing gets the boys faster to the tub, than the promise that they can have a nice, long, play-bubble bath.  That means a nice deep and warm bath with loads of bubbles.  There is normally a fight for who goes first, for the first one gets the most bubbles.

And then I remember my own childhood.  How my brothers and I used to rub the soap onto our facecloths in patterns and then blow through the facecloth on the other side to make bubble patterns on our facecloths.  Use to keep us entertained for hours.

Do you remember all the funny hairdos you made with the bubbles?  And the beards and mustaches!  It was so funny, we even had to call mommy to come see.  And now, I have my own children doing it.  And I get to have all that fun all over again.

I think that when my time comes to go Home, you can scatter my ashes, while you are blowing me kisses of bubbles.  I would like that.  It can be the last bubble bath this body takes.

I hope you all will find a way to go blow some bubbles today and unwind.  Even if it is only through your facecloth in the shower, where no-one but you will see.

May the bubbles buoy up your soul today.
From Little old me.

No comments:

Post a Comment