Wednesday 7 September 2011

Oh! The Woes of Returning to Normal Life!

I have to admit, I have been very bad at posting lately.  I blame it on jetlag.  For some reason, the last couple of weeks I just could not stay awake beyond 9pm and early mornings was a blur of getting back into the swing of school and everything. 

I love my holidays and trips, but I hate coming back.  Not that I don't absolutely love my house and to be home, it is the small issues that waits for your return that I hate. Especially those nasty surprises that costs you money.

And coming back mid term to all your childrens activities leaves a completely different taste.  Just when your kids are back in full swing, oops, it is school holidays again, and they fall out of swing again.  I love my kids martial arts teacher.  He only breaks up over the Silly Season in December/January.  I know that there will be no issues there.  But music is another story all together.  I'm surprised my kids teachers didn't say don't bother to come back for the term. 

My biggest frustration though is that the kids have no wish to go back to work!  Have you ever tried to motivate two boys to get back into school after a 9 week break?  It is pure hell.  I feel like a broken gramma phone the last two weeks.  "Do your work. Do your work. Do your work.  Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet?  Finish up NOW! Finish up NOW!...."  Over and over again, day after day...
I know why they feel like it.  I do understand their feelings, but boys. we have to get back into school again.
And NO, you can't go on school holiday with the rest of the country!  You've just had an extended holiday!!!

As if dealing with the kids is not enough, the zoo decided to explode with more additions.  I have baby cockatails.  The ducks are breeding, and it seems like they finally managed to outwit the dogs, as Mrs. Quack is missing for most of the day and the dogs have not brought home any eggs. Anyone looking for either a cockatail or a duck?

My dogs managed to get themselves locked out today and in their attempt to get back in, chowed through the plastic mesh on the gate, that keeps the ducks in!  So that needs replacement prompto!  3 guesses who needs to deal with it?

The cats came home the other day riddled with fleas and ticks, thanks to the lovely field next door.  So it was de-flea-ing and deworming for all that needed to be done.

So between the zoo and the kids and broken' pcs and blocked up ponds and, and, and,  the only good thing that happened was the delivery of my wine. OK, I'm sure there were other things as well, just can't think of them.

So what blessing did I have the last couple of weeks?  Well, for one thing, better sleep.  Exhaution does that to you.  I managed to get some serious reorganisation done in areas that needed attention. And so far I managed to not get the flu doing the rounds in the house. Thank God for that, I don't think I could cope.  Now I just pray that my daughter manages to escape chicken pox, to which she was unwittingly expose to.  Her ears just got pierced and it would be a disaster if she develops chicken pox now.  At least that is one prayer, where all I can do is to trust in God. So there is my prayer and I'll let you know if God blessed me in answering this one too.

Now, I bit you all good night, as my eyes are struggling to focus.

From little old me to all you wonderful people out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment