Monday 29 August 2011

Making lemonade from pc woes.

So last time I told you about my borrowed pc.  Wel, I just had the biggest, most frustrating fun you can have with a pc.  Turns out my adopted brat bought his pc, (ok, it is a notebook actually) in some Arabic country.  It seems to have a secret button on the key board, that when pushed, you start typing in Arabic.  Only problem, that normally happens when you are not looking at what you are pushing.  So you don't know how to avoid it in future!

Well, with the use of the emo kids faces on Skype, I got my message through to my technical support team and the big brat could guide me back into smooth sailing waters.  For now, I can type in normal English.

It was rather fun trying to do "Charades" via a computer screen. Ever had to explain yourself without the power of typing words that makes sense?  I had to explain what was happening this side, and I think all my husband could see was a lot of angry faces being pulled at him.  We couldn't talk using VOIP for he was in his office working.  I couldn't type without it being gibberish.  Well, he did great in reading my emotions.

Ever tried to fix a pc that is not yours?  I seem to start developing a niche for it in our house...  Just don't bring me yours.  I don't feel like quitting my day job as yet.  Let's just say that it has been an education. 

Luckily, my sense of  humor was tickled when I notice my words coming out in Arabic gibberish.  It helps when your kids think it is the funniest thing on earth when their mother exclaims: "WHAT IS GOING ON?!  I'M TYPING IN ARABIC!!!"  My sons were all rolling on the floor with myrth.  Todays kids.... No respect...

Anyway, why someone did think it will be cool to make a dual language keyboard, is beyond me. I can understand that they must love their language in written format.  It does look rather pretty, but I had no idea what I said.  Hope I didn't offend anyone.  On the other hand.  Maybe next time, my husband can just ask his Islamic collegue to read it to him.  Sure they might figure it out eventually.  : )

At least this learning curve is blessed with some giggles and not just a lot of frustration and temptation to use words that shows my not so ladylike attributes.  This time round the lemons are nice and sweet.  Just right for making lots of lemonade.

Well, with all that excitement behind us now.  I bit you all a good night.  May the lemons life throw at you this week all turn into lovely lemonade.
From Little old me.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment