Saturday 6 August 2011

From under my coconut tree

Hi All

Well, here I am.  Relaxing under my very own coconut tree.  The morning breeze is blowing softly in my hair, the husband has the 3 bratlings and I can just relax and contemplate how good life is.  God has truly blessed us with this break.

We had a wonderful, problem free travel to get here.  The smallest two bratlings slept for most of the big stretches and managed to behave during the small stretches. The big brats got little sleep, but we coped, because we had had time to catch up on everything.  The bags traveled safely, under God's protection from all the prayers it received.  And everything went smooth at all the check points.

Singapore was amazing and the boys were thoroughly spoiled as bratlings should be.  There was a 30 minute swim with dolphins, riding them, and kissing them.  Then there was the skydive experience in a wind tunnel, that had them buzzing for hours afterwards.  China Town and all its marvels had them open mouthed running from stand to stand.  Bugis street, the food centres, the backpackers, the speedy trains, too many other experiences to name, all overwhelmed our senses.  Then came the bus ride to Malaysia and the ferry ride on to the island of Tioman.

Everything went smoothly, and we arrived with more than enough time to find a  cabin or two for the family, pack off and go for our first snorkel in crystal clear waters.  I could here my marine dragon shouting from across the bay how "awesome" it is.  (As a matter of fact, everyone on the beach heard him!)

Yesterday, was the first day the big brats managed to escape the bratlings and went for our first scuba dives.  Two beautiful dives with many amazing sights to see.   Can't believe how many breathtaking creatures God hides under the water.  It is an awesome experience.  Seeing all these things, just makes me realise how much we don't know about God.

All I can say is that this life is truly blessed and we thank God or every moment we have.  Thank you  Lord for the rest we are receiving and the wonderful family time we are having.  Thank you, that you have deemed us worthy of this.

And so I say goodbye for now, my friends, as I return to the sun and the sea and the coconut trees.

From under my coconut tree, signing out is Little old me.

No comments:

Post a Comment