Saturday 10 September 2011

RUGBY WORLD CUP FEVER!!!

Now I know some of my friends don't have a clue what rugby is all about.  As a matter of fact my husband is one of them. But confession time once more.  I'm secretly a rugby fan.  Hard not be if you come from a family of avid rugby fans.  My dad's world came to a stand still with each rugby match played, and my one brother is showing the same symptoms. 

I don't get to follow rugby much, but I do like to listen to the matches as and when I can.  Wouldn't mind watching them, but you need someone to go with, which is not easy in this family.  Big brat don't like watching sport, the big bratling loves soccer and can't see why people think rugby is great and as for middle bratling and the bratling princess, they are still to young to take with.  My adopted brat, would not behave, so I'm not to sure if I should even consider it.  But there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Middle bratling is starting to develop an idea that he might like rugby. 

Along comes Rugby World Cup fever!  What a great time to show my middle bratling what the sport is really like.  Only thing is, he needs to watch it to learn, but where to watch if you don't have a TV?  Going to the big screen restuarants, costs money and they certainly don't serve biltong and naartjies, official rugby season cuisine.

To top it all off, with it happening in New Zealand and we being in SA, the Boks, our national team will be playing in the morning.  Not a problem really, except it is the Boks first and probably most important match for the knock out phase is happing on a Sunday! Smack bang in church time! How inconvinient is that?  So, unfortunately, I'll miss it. (Wonder how empty church is going to be tomorrow?)

Yes, I love rugby.  I'm all excited about supporting the Boks giving it a go to be first team to successfully defend their title.  I would love to watch each of their matches, cheering them on. I would make every effort to watch them play in the finals, even if it means going to a smokey pub!

But I do draw lines to how far I will go.  If it is going to be a situation of rugby vs God, then sorry, rugby will have to wait.  If it means I have to disobey my husband, or neglect my family, then rugby will have to be the one to go without me.  If it means that I'll miss out on that important goal to attend my family or God, then so be it.

Yes, I love rugby.  It is in my blood, but I will not allow it to consume me, no matter how great the game that is to be played.  No game is greater than the race I run to return to my home with God.  No team more important than my team at home to whom I am the first mate.

So to my fellow rugby fans:  don't loose sight on what is important in this time.  To the rest of you:  keep your priorities straight.  And if you place God first, your family firmly second before anything else, the blessings coming your way, will astound you. 

And if we win the Rugby World Cup once more and make history, then that will be a great blessing to our nation too. 

GO BOKKE!!!

From Little old me 

PS:  I hope to at least catch some of the 2nd half in action...

No comments:

Post a Comment