Saturday 25 June 2011

Why?

So why am I doing this?  Good question.  I don't know the answer really, but I just felt it is time I start putting things to "paper" in stead of just rambling in my head at all you people out there.

You see, when I look at the world, I see a broken world full of pain and people who don't know why or how or what next.  I see myself so many years ago when confusion, disillusion and hurt was a everyday part of my life.

It is very difficult to stay up beat and happy when life crushes your dreams and hopes.  When everything you know is put into question. When you go looking for friends or family to help you and you realize, they too are lost and hopeless.

It wasn't till I found my rightful place in front of God, that  I came to find peace and calm.  I found in God some of the answers, not all, some of the reasons, not all, but most of all I realized, I can trust Him completely, no matter what.  I don't need all the answers or reasons.  I don't need to know the end result, to see the full picture, to know how I will affect what is happening.  I just need to obey and follow and then the most amazing thing happened.

God started to show me blessings.  I sometimes feel showered in His blessings.  He showed, little old me, that He cared for me far beyond my biggest worries.  He showed me that He know my needs and what my wants are may not be my needs, and He knows which one is best.

And so we started counting our blessings.  Every, 31st of December, my husband and I count the big blessings we received that year and give thank for it.  But on a daily basis, not one item is bought, not one flu gone, not one smile not noted without a silent thanks to God for what we have. 

You see, 5 years ago, we had BIG dept and had no way to pay it.  Our lives were shuttered 10 years ago by an incident that littarly crushed our dreams and left my husband and me in a dark abyss of depression that almost destroyed us.

Today, we have a beautiful house, friends we can rely on, children that makes us proud, a marriage that, although not perfect, is one that still blossoms with love,  but most of all we serve the God who not only created us, but also saved us, in more ways than one.

What we have, we have because God deemed us worthy to have it.  We don't feel worthy, we can't believe that He feels we can look after it. But we live in gratitude none the less.

Does this mean that if you become a believer, you problems will be solved and fortune awaits?  No,  by no means.  We were blessed, so that we can give away as God shows us to use our blessings. 

I know of friends who still suffer on a daily basis, regardless of their faith.  You may ask why?  Well, God in His wisdom, bless them with an even bigger blessing.  When you suffer as a child of God, you have a special closeness to His light.  Suffering in Christ, becomes a wonderful blessing.  Until you are in that position, you will not understand it, it will look stupid and wrong.  But if you stand in God's wisdom, you will feel more blessed than King Solomon.

To all of you suffering:  There is only ONE GOD that can help you.  No person, special prayer, idol, lucky charm, meditation session is going to work.  No matter what the media portray. 

Jesus said:  "Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest."  Matt 11:28

Seek Him first and you will receive blessing beyond your imagination.  Not necessarily money or fortune, but rest and a peace that surpasses all the chaos in your life.

I pray God's blessing onto you.

From Little old Lulu

2 comments: