Tuesday 4 October 2011

God still does miracles.

I serve an AWESOME GOD! Last month He placed it on my heart to give money to churches other than just my church. The only thing was, that my church also needs the tithe we give each month to help pay the bills. Plus, we too have to live on a budget at the moment, there isn't really money spare.  So how could I possibly be obedient in this?

See my mistake?  I thought WE had to do it. For a moment I forgot that every Dollar earned by the big brat is actually God's.  It is only by grace that we receive money of any kind, and we are only stewards of God's money.  So I re-thought the situation.

We are paid in Dollars, but we live on Rands.  So our income is a bit flexible when it comes to currency converting.  The stronger the Dollar, the more money we get and the stronger the Rand the less we get.  (To put it simply)

Now, those of you in South Africa would have noticed a spectacular nose dive in the Rand value the last month.  I hope nobody lost out too much, but that was God's doing.  Remember He has power and authority over every thing.

My plan was simple, all we had to do was trust in the Lord and obey when the time arrives.  I made it plain to God, how much money we needed to deal with our expenses and to cover our church's tithe, then I promised that any money over and above that amount we will donate to another church in need. 

Truth be told, at that stage the Dollar was so weak and the Rand so strong, that we would barely make our own budget, with hopefully just enough to tithe.  So you see, the challenge was on.

Over the next 2-3 weeks, we watched in awe and amazement as the Dollar strengthens and the Rand go for a nose dive.  We cried with laughter as the financial analysts tried to make sense of it, and they just couldn't. They were looking at the markets and thinking up all sorts of reasons for this.  I felt like phoning in and telling them, this is GOD's work.  The Creator of all things, the Ruler of  ALL!  He had a mission and He will see it through.

Today I can proudly announce that God had made available for His suffering church the amount of R10 000!  It was paid over in obedience yesterday with much joy in our lives. None of this is our doing, ALL GLORY GOES TO GOD!!!

God has blessed us with so much, the least we could do was to give as much of it back to Him as what we could.  In being obedient, God's blessings just keeps us in awe of what a wonderful God we serve. 

God not only showed us how much He cares for us, and for His Church, but that the time for miracles has not end.  He showed that even the stronghold of Satan, the world's money markets, are at His mercy. 

God doesn't hate money, He just don't like the way we treat it.  Once you start treating money in a manner pleasing to God, He will bless you with more.  Don't believe me, read the Bible.  Jesus Himself told us the parable of the ten servants and the ten minas. 

What are you doing with your minas?  Are you investing in Heavenly treasures?
Or are you leaving God out of your finances?

In God we trust and built.

From little old me

No comments:

Post a Comment